20070726

False aka Mathew Dear - 2007 [M_NUS 055CD]



1. Indy 3000
2. Meat me in the Markt
3. Warm Co.
4. Timing
5. Alright Liar
6. Plus Plus
7. Face the Rain
8. Dollar Down
9. Disease/George Washington
10. Act Like Children/Excalibur
11. In the Heather
12. Fed on Youth/HLM/DLG
13. Stomachs/Ankle Biter
14. Forgetting

DWNLD




Release end of September

Statement from the man himself:

"It is all my productions and it's a form of introducing an album as a mix. Every time you do an album and then you do the next one, people start to compare how the music is different, why you did it on this label and not that label, they try to define it, "the other album was better," "there's no hit like 'Easy Lee' on it" and so forth?it's exhausting, really. So I think you always have to find a new way to introduce your music and present yourself. I chose fabric because Judy has been asking me for 3 or 4 years now, but I've been so busy. And it's really stressful to do a DJ mix. So I figured it would be much easier to do a mix with my own music, and of course fabric is the perfect label for me to do this on. The nicest thing is no one will really be talking about how it's an album, it's all moving along very naturally - no big promotion or releasing tracks for radio two months before. I really prefer for it to be treated like a normal mix CD, with no hype. Sound-wise, the mix is going to be more housey than head-y. I'm more known for head-y, trippy music, so of course it is still very trippy and monotone, in the monotone way of delivering always the same tone and doing something to your brain. But it will be more dancey and housey and summery. I always think of the dancefloor when I create music, but not a vision of the actual dancefloor - it's always a vision of what's going to happen. Of course at a club like fabric or a couple clubs in Berlin, you have this already. But many other clubs, not so much - so it's a projection, a vision. And it's not one track after another after another, it develops very subtly."


True contemporary artist produce & mix , talented couple above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home